Initiated in July 2014 and formally constituted on August 7th, the Friends of Greendale come together to protect, conserve and enhance the natural environment of Green Dale, Southwark, for the benefit of wildlife and people.
On August 7th 2014 the inaugural meeting of the new Friends group agreed the following activities, under the overall objective:
1. Developing a vision for the future of Green Dale, including by gathering views within the local community.
2. Taking action to support the core objective to protect, conserve and enhance the natural environment of Green Dale for the benefit of wildlife and people.
3. Securing a sustainable long-term plan for Green Dale, including management of the site and public access.
4. Building relationships with local people and organisations, including schools, businesses, Southwark Council and local residents.
5. Increasing public understanding of Green Dale and its wildlife and history.